Blimey, it's February!

 Somehow time morphed away from me. I mean, yeah, I knew when Christmas or New Year was, but goodness, those days have become so insignificant over the years that I only realise they are there because of outside input so to speak. There were more lights than usual, which I noticed as I walked to the office one evening in December to meet up with the team for a get-together, which was lovely. It wasn't what had been planned, but considering the whole hoax situation, we managed a joyful evening.



Then I received an email about a care package because I had volunteered to work during the holidays and take the winter solstice off instead, which worked perfectly for me. I was touched and amused about the care package. So novel that a company actually does these little gestures that no doubt costs them a fortune. And both Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, I received a phone call to ask where my house was (for some reason, the GPS cannot find us) so they could deliver dinner/lunch. I was seriously amazed.


The above is the Christmas one, but the New Year's Day one was similar. Three cocktail rolls that were well filled with something tasty, three dips, a one-glass bottle of red wine, and a couple of mince pies.

In January, the weather was not much to write home about, so I didn't go out much, but nevertheless had a good time in general. My probation is over now, which means I have a reasonably safe job, and I'm loving it.

The Rough Nights, those days after the Solstice, were pretty intense for me, and I felt tired for a couple of weeks after, and that's great, too. I know roughly (haha, that pun was not intended!) what I'm here for, so I wasn't surprised at all the 'work' I needed to do. If it was work. It was exhausting, yes, but not sure about the word 'work.'

The last few days have been fantastic weatherwise. High was 21 degrees C yesterday, with loads of sunshine, and omg it makes such a difference. I have energy to do more than just what needs doing urgently, and I get to walk along the seafront, which is outright nourishing despite the mandatory mask I take off when I light a cigarette because no self-respecting local would ask you to stop smoking just to wear that muzzle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Malta, and Food, and weather, and Life

Summer? Already?